Birds-of-Prey Photography Day
May 21 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£140
Join us for a day’s bird-of-prey photography at our private venue near Market Harborough in Leicestershire on Friday May 21st. The Bird-on-the-hand collection includes: Redtailed Buzzard, Siberian Eagle Owl, Harris Hawk, Eurasian Eagle Owl, African Spotted Eagle Owl, Barn Owl, Peregrine Falcon, Tawny Eagle, Great Grey Owl, Brown Wood Owl, Lanner Falcon, Snowy Owl, Barn Owl, Kestrel, Red Kite, Steppe Eagle and Burrowing Owl. We will select the best of these to suit conditions on the day but expect to shoot a variety of beautiful birds.
We’ll set up a lot of different perches in various locations around the natural site we work in, giving you ample opportunity to get some stunning shots with different backgrounds. Of course we’ll also be flying some of the birds to increase the difficulty level! The welfare of the birds is always our highest priority and it is the decision of the handler as to whether the bird is happy to pose or fly, so the decision on which birds to use will be made on the day and is subject to the individual bird’s mood and the weather! The real beauty of shooting on this private site is that we have total flexibility.
You will need:
- Digital SLR, Compact System Camera or Bridge camera with manual control.
- A lens that allows you to stand back from the birds and still fill the frame is needed so a minimum focal length of 200mm is best, although you may get the chance for some wider and longer shots too.
- Tripods are NOT allowed when working in a group and are generally unnecessary anyway. You may, however, use a monopod with your long lens if you want.
- A beanbag can prove handy for low level shots but is not an essential item.
- Please wear suitable clothes. Expect to get a bit muddy or even damp so over trousers and a jacket are useful.
- You will not be walking far but a pair of boots is recommended as the grass may be damp.
The day starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm. Tea and coffee will be available but lunch is not included so please bring a packed lunch and we will have a break in the day for you to eat this. We will be outside for the whole day with plenty of space for social distancing. The venue is a rural location near Market Harborough, Leicestershire. There is plenty of parking at the site and details on how to find it will be provided. The cost of the full day is £140.